Our tour company has asked us where we want to be picked up by the bus that will take us to the barge in Épernay. (That question and other excellent info we need is in the PDF file that you can get here.)
We have three basic options (presented in more detail on our little website here). They are:
1) Pickup at the Reims train station;
2) Pickup at the TGV station about 8km outside Reims (called Champagne-Ardennes), which is on the main line from Paris; or
3) Find our own way to Épernay. (The barge’s location is in the PDF file.)
This needn’t make this a group decision; we can each make individual choices and notify the tour company of them. But …
IF YOU’D LIKE YOUR PREFERENCE TO BE FORWARDED WITH OTHERS’, PLEASE CLICK ON THE “COMMENT” LINK ACCOMPANYING THIS POST, AND LET US KNOW YOUR PREFERENCE.
QUESTION #1: Where do you want to be picked up? At the Reims train station? At the Champagne-Ardennes station? Or will you find your own way to Épernay?
A second question is for those of us spending Friday night in Paris, and it involves getting to Reims or Champagne-Ardennes on Saturday. This, too, need not be a decision for the whole group, but many of us would be happy going together. There are two basic options:
1) Depart Paris on the 8am train, which arrives in Reims at 8:45am, and get the bus pickup at the Reims train station at 3:30pm. (We would leave our luggage at the train station.) That would give us a nice chunk of time in Reims, have lunch there, and perhaps even a sip of champagne; or
2) Depart Paris on the 2:30pm train (time to be confirmed), which arrives in Champagne-Ardennes at about 3:15 — and get the bus pickup at 4pm. That would give us an extra half day in Paris, where there are (duh) also good lunches, wine and champagne.
QUESTION #2: Are you currently thinking along the lines of spending Saturday morning in Reims or staying in Paris that morning?
Again, we don’t have to do this stuff as a group, but those who want to move as a group should feel totally free doing so!
To contribute to this thread, click on the “comment” link under the date in the left-hand margin; type your text; and it will be added.